Highlight Hack For Planner Goals | Giftie Etcetera: Highlight Hack For Planner Goals

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Highlight Hack For Planner Goals

Loyal Readers know that I use the Reverse Highlight for making still-to-dos pop out at me.

But I use the same technique for reaching goals. For example, for National Novel Writing Month (Nanowrimo), I am highlighting each word count goal as I get to it.


For those participating in Nanowrimo, the next two columns are my actual word count and my revised daily goal, based on how many words that I have left to write divided by the number of days left to write.

I do the same thing for my weight loss goal. I list smaller goals (with dates) and highlight as I move towards my big (or should I say little) goal.


Try this with anything that you want to accomplish which can be quantified. The highlight makes you visually track your success, and encourages you to keep going.

Etcetera.

No comments: