DIY: Page Markers For Your Planner | Giftie Etcetera: DIY: Page Markers For Your Planner

Saturday, February 1, 2014

DIY: Page Markers For Your Planner

As promised in yesterday's post, today I will show you the simple steps to making a page marker with the plastic or heavy cardboard cover that is removed from a spiral bound notebook.




Once you've removed the cover, you can either trace an existing page marker (if you have one) or fold the cover, matching the edges up so you make a perfect fold, to the desired size.




Cut along the fold.




Hole punch your page marker.

TIP: I like to hole punch slightly above where you would normally hole punch. This helps the marker to stick up a little at the top of the planner, creating a top tab.





Once you hole punch, use a pair of scissors to create slits from the left edge to each hole. This allows you to move the marker from month to month. And since it is made of plastic, it should hold up pretty well.




I also like to trim the corners so I never get paper cuts. It also looks nicer.




Very simple DYI.

TIP: Write Today, This Month, or This Week on the tab.

BONUS TIP: Or, if there is something you need to remember, like a quote or a daily routine, write the reminder right there on the page marker. This is also a great place to add beautiful, hand-drawn art to your planner.


Etcetera.

3 comments:

yezenia said...

Crafty Etc.
*maniacal laugh*
: )

pattygardner.com said...

I thought I was going to have to do that since my granddaughter stole my page marker and I couldn't find it anywhere. I just found it this morning - in a most unexpected place but logical, too. I would tell you where but it will be in Thursday's post and I don't want to spoil it! :)

~ Mari said...

You know those cheap plastic "cutting boards" you can get for like $3? You can use those too. :)