Blog Posts: A Simple Planner Hack To Track Them | Giftie Etcetera: Blog Posts: A Simple Planner Hack To Track Them

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Blog Posts: A Simple Planner Hack To Track Them

Blogging isn't part of my daily routine. Oh, I know. I post a blog every day. But I actually write about three at a time and just schedule the posts. If I didn't, there is no way I could blog so often.

(As a result of this demanding schedule, I am considering moving to posts every other day. But so far, I have too much to say. Over share much?)

I needed a simple way to glance at my planner and know whether a blog had been posted for tomorrow, without logging on to my laptop to check. But I didn't want to make it too prominent, as real life trumps whether I've posted a blog each day.

I came up with this, on my weekly menu page.



Basically, each day gets the numbered date (see right next to the word "Monday" in the yellow box), like the 17th getting 17. Then, I draw a / when the blog is drafted and an X once it's scheduled.

I think I'll add a circle around blogs that I've shared to Google Plus, Facebook, Pinterest, and twitter.


So simple. But working so far.


BONUS TIP (while you are looking at my Menu Plan anyway): Note that I've started adding lunches to my food plan when I work outside of the home and little task reminders, like to defrost or put away leftovers in the freezer.

Etcetera.

1 comment:

pattygardner.com said...

I have reminders on my menu plan, too - like defrost the meat, marinate in the am, put in crock at 10, etc. It's not good enough just to have it written down - you have to know what you're doing to make it work really well. At least I do!