Use It Or Lose It (Your Planner, Of Course) | Giftie Etcetera: Use It Or Lose It (Your Planner, Of Course)

Monday, May 20, 2013

Use It Or Lose It (Your Planner, Of Course)

I usually look at my planner several times a day and in advance of making any plans. I actually keep all appointments on the monthly pages, so that I can glance at it all at once.  It clutters the monthly page a bit, but the functionality is worth it.


On Sunday, however, looking at my planner fell through the cracks. Since I didn't look at my planner at all, I didn't realize that I had an appointment on Monday morning.

See, the 20th, 9 a.m., clear as day:



I told my sister that my kid could sleepover at her house and I could get him in the morning - during my appointment.

I needed gas (and had plenty of time to get gas on Sunday), but thought, "oh, I can get it before carpool tomorrow afternoon." Nope. Had to race to get it while already running late for the appointment this morning or I would have been stranded on the side of the road.

Needed to bring a paper to the appointment. Forgot it.

Spectacular fail.

Etcetera.

No comments: